Need to talk?
Here’s a list of some helplines that are available to you right now to listen ❤ (Please note, this is the list for the UK only). Please take care of yourself ❤
- Call: 0800 068 41 41
- Email: email@example.com
- SMS: 07786 209697
HOPELineUK is a specialist telephone service staffed by trained professionals who give non-judgemental support, practical advice and information to;
- Children, teenagers and young people up to the age of 35 who are worried about how they are feeling
- Anyone who is concerned about a young person
Childline is the UK’s free helpline for children and young people. It provides confidential telephone counselling service for any child with a problem. It comforts, advises and protects.
- Freephone 0808 808 4994 (7 days a week 1pm-11pm)
Free, confidential telephone and email helpline finding young people the best help whatever the problem. Provides free connections to local or national services, and can text information to callers’ mobile phones.
Straight talk on mental health medication. Look up your medication to find out about side effects and things you might not feel comfortable asking your GP about, and listen to other people’s experiences.
- Tel: 08457 90 90 90 (24 hrs 7 days a week)
Samaritans volunteers listen in confidence to anyone in any type of emotional distress, without judging or telling people what to do.
- Freephone 0800 77 66 00 (24 hour service, free if call from a landline and won’t show up on the phone bill, provides translation for non-English speakers)
Confidential information and advice for anyone concerned about their own or someone else’s drug or solvent misuse.
Use Stonewall’s area database to find local lesbian, gay, and bisexual community groups, other generic services, and gay friendly solicitors.
B-EAT YOUTH HELPLINE
- 0845 634 7650 (Monday to Friday evenings from 4.30pm to 8.30pm and Saturdays 1.00pm – 4.30pm)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online community
Information, help and support for anyone affected by eating disorders.
TheSite.org is an online guide to life for 16 to 25 year-olds. It provides non-judgemental support and information on everything from sex and exam stress to debt and drugs.
- Visit www.youthaccess.org.uk to search their directory of services for help in your area.
- Signposting service: 0208 772 9900 (Mon – Fri from 9am-1pm & 2-5pm)
A national membership organisation for youth information, advice and counselling agencies. Provides information on youth agencies to children aged 11-25 and their carers but does not provide direct advice.